The Leonard Orr Method of Rebirthing Breathwork
1970s Rebirthing Breathwork
When Rebirthing Breathwork was first discovered the original Rebirthers used mouth breathing because they breathed through a snorkel in a hot tub. The original Rebirthers spread conscious connected breathing across the world and created their own variations.
Meanwhile Leonard kept perfecting the technique. Leonard spent time every year with Mahavatar Haidakhan Babaji who is the founder of conscious connected breathing. Babaji told Leonard, “breathe with the nose, eat with the mouth.” Leonard adopted nose breathing.
There are many reasons why some people cannot nose breathe and this is ok, mouth breathing is then done. Even during a sessions it is often necessary to revert to mouth breathing. The session should be started and finished with nose breathing.
Mouth breathing allows a person to access emotional states and is incredibly important if these have been repressed. In Rebirthing it’s important to understand how this can turn into emotional drama and a Rebirther is trained in helping a client through as well as integrating emotional situations. Returning to nose breathing allows a person to understand situations from a greater perspective.
Nose and mouth breathing use different Nadi systems.
Individual high quality sessions.
Predominantly nose breathing, with less mouth breathing.
- Spiritual purification techniques which use the four elements.
- Air – high quality individual rebirthing sessions in a private safe environment
- Water – twice daily bathing
- Fire – sitting with the fire twice daily
- Earth – fasting and exercise
- Learning about Physical Immortality and Immortal Yogis
- Spiritual psychology – Unravelling the Conscious Mind
- The Personal Law
- The Energy Cycle
- Breathing Deviations and breath psychology
- Conscious Birth and Birth Types
- Stages of Development
The Money System
The Biggies of Human Trauma
Wisdom of the Eastern Yogic Scriptures
Ciara talks about the fundamentals of what Rebirthing Breathwork is.