Interview a Potential Rebirther or Breathworker Yourself
No one can guarantee the quality of a Rebirther-Breathworker anymore than anyone, or a professional organisation can guarantee the quality of professionals.
Most Rebirthers and Breathworkers are good, but you need to discern whether they can provide a safe space for you, they continue to do inner work, they are competent and ethical.
An energetic dynamic occurs between the rebirther and rebirthee to bring up unresolved issues. In psychotherapy this dynamic is called transference. We get triggered by someone because they remind us of a primary care-giver, teacher, sibling or religious authority figure.
It’s important to understand that getting triggered by a Rebirther happens on your journey of 10 sessions, as long as your Rebirther behaves ethically they will support you through transference. It is better not to work with a Rebirther who doesn’t understand transference.
Rebirthing is a deep process, if you don’t want to deal with unresolved emotions or feelings, that’s ok! Rebirthing may not be right for you.
It is always best to interview 3 or 4 rebirthers to find one who is the best for you and that you feel safe with, if there are more than one available in your area. Consider whether you would like a male or female rebirther because women will help you work on mother issues and men will help you work on father issues.
Here are a few simple guidelines that can help you find an ethical Rebirther – Breathworker:
- Good Breathworkers are loving human beings who are relaxed, kind, intuitive, and gentle.
- Good Breathworkers facilitate high quality personal sessions.
- Ethical Breathworkers are soft on money negotiations and tend to be very generous. They may have a suggested fee designed to enable themselves to earn a living, but you can negotiate and set the fee at the end of the session based upon the value you received and your ability and willingness to pay. Most Rebirthers charge anywhere from $50 to $250 per session based on the experience, personal situation, and demand of each particular rebirther. When you have done ten sessions you’ll realize it was the best $500 to $2500 investment in your entire Life. It is recommended that Rebirthers negotiate when necessary, and give away a certain percentage of their work so that deprived can learn to breathe as well as the affluent. No one should be kept from learning the Breath of Life because of money. Ethical breathing teachers are not doing it for the money but their fees enable them to facilitate and teach breathing full time.
- Good Breathworkers know the proper balance with nose and mouth breathing.
- Ethical Breathworkers are not looking for sexual partners or inappropriate touch.
- Breathing sessions usually are scheduled one week apart for busy people. Be sure your rebirther will be available for 10 sessions. Discuss fees.
- Good Rebirthers or Breathworkers offer on going support programme, such as a monthly One Year Seminar.
- You can interview clients or students of the Rebirther or Breathworker you select to be sure of the quality of their work
- Ask your Breathworker what work they currently do on themselves?
- Ask them about the experiences and the changes breathwork made in their life?
- Have they forgiven their parents/ siblings/obstetrician/teachers? if they’re honest, they’ll acknowledge that forgiveness is an ongoing process and for most of us it happens in stages.
- When was the last time they went through 10 sessions facilitated by an experienced Breathworker who held them accountable?
- Ask them how they deal with transference?
- How long is a session? To complete a full energy cycle the session needs to incorporate a discussion with you at the beginning, it’s longer for your first session. Following this is an hour minimum of breathing and then integration.
Do you want someone who is great at promoting themselves and looks great? or someone who facilitates a safe space and continues to walk their talk in their daily life and correct themselves? It’s important to have a Breathworker who is confident but over-confidence is a different matter…
Icy Water Urgency Barrier
Have you REALLY confronted yourself recently? A dip in the icy cold Irish sea is no mean feat. The cold water swimmers who meet daily to swim are really impressive, they have broken through the urgency barrier. They casually quip, “it's Baltic out there,” as they...
Breathing From The Breath Itself
Magnum Mysterium Spiritus The Great Mystery of the Breath lies in these words, by Leonard Orr: You can only learn to breathe from the breath itself. Spiritus is one Latin word for breath, in which breathing and spirit are merged. This is the outcome of intuitive...
Normalising the Mystical Through Breathwork
Today, Mystic Mag had the chance to interview Breathworker Ciara Longman. We talked about her career, how it developed, and what she loves most about her profession. Once you find the resources inside of you, to move through difficult thoughts and experiences you...